Thank you for helping to chart the course for the future of San Bernardino County!
The public is invited to a second round of regional open houses for the Countywide Plan that will include a formal presentation and opportunities to provide feedback on draft goals and policies, community actions, and the land use map.
Each open house will consist of the following:
- Presentation. The County will provide an overview of progress since the 2017 Regional Open Houses, draft changes in County policy, and next steps in the Countywide Plan. The presentation will begin 30 minutes after the open house start time.
- Draft Material for Review. Come view and provide feedback on the Draft County Policy Plan (goals and policies), updated Draft Community Plans / Action Guides, the latest Draft Land Use Map, and other policy & information maps.
- Open House Discussion. County and consultant staff will be on hand to answer questions and talk with attendees one-on-one, both before and after the presentation.
People may drop in to any location at any time during the advertised time frame to review material, ask questions, and share ideas with County staff. Open house materials will be posted in advance on this web page (some material will be posted earlier than others).
Presentation & Orientation
This section is intended to provide general information about the Countywide Plan, including:
- An overview of progress since the 2017 Regional Open Houses
- A discussion of what the Countywide Plan is and what purpose it will serve
- An overview of the project schedule
- A summary of outreach efforts to-date
Presentation - Coming Soon
Draft Policy PlanThe public review Draft Policy Plan is now available! The public is invited to provide feedback at the September 2018 Regional Open Houses or by emailing comments to CountywidePlan@lus.sbcounty.gov.
The Policy Plan is the component of the Countywide Plan that addresses the County’s General Plan and local services for the unincorporated areas. The Policy Plan will also introduce a new approach to county planning by integrating regional services , such as health and wellness, public safety, economic development, and other services provided for both incorporated and unincorporated areas.
Click on the links below to download a hard copy or view web-based versions of the Draft Policy Plan and related materials.
DRAFT POLICY PLAN
Draft Community Plans / Action Guides
The Community Plans were renamed Community Action Guides based on public input.
Coming soon – Click below for links to the Draft Community Plans / Action Guides
- San Antonio Heights
- Bear Valley Communities*
(Baldwin Lake, Big Bear City, Erwin Lake, Fawnskin/Northshore, Lake Williams, Moonridge, Sugarloaf)
- Crest Forest Communities*
(Cedarpines Park, Crestline, Lake Gregory, Valley of Enchantment)
- Hilltop Communities*
(Arrowbear, Green Valley Lake, Running Springs)
- Lake Arrowhead Communities*
(Agua Fria, Blue Jay, Cedar Glen, Crest Park, Deer Lodge Park, Lake Arrowhead, Rimforest, Skyforest, Twin Peaks)
- Oak Glen*
- Angelus Oaks
- Lytle Creek*
- Mt Baldy
- Mountain Communities
(Forest Falls, Mountain Home Village)
- Joshua Tree*
- Lucerne Valley*
- Phelan/Pinon Hills*
- Homestead Valley Communities*
(Flamingo Heights, Johnson Valley, Landers, Yucca Mesa)
- Morongo Valley*
- Oak Hills*
- El Mirage
- Newberry Springs
- Oro Grande
- Pioneertown Communities
(Gamma Gulch, Pioneertown, Pipes Canyon, Rimrock)
- East Desert Communities
(Nipton, Rice, Vidal, Vidal Junction)
- High Desert Communities
(Mountain View Acres, Spring Valley Lake)
- North Desert Communities
(Barstow Heights, Hinkley, Hodge, Kramer Junction, Lenwood, Red Mountain)
- Route 66 Communities
(Amboy, Cadiz, Goffs, Ludlow, Siberia)
- Wonder Valley
The Countywide Plan uses web-based maps to communicate much of the County’s mapping information in an easy-to-read format. Click on the links below to view brief informative videos on how to use web-based maps.
Coming Soon – a comprehensive list of the Countywide Plan web maps.
WEB MAP EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
Show us what you love the most about your community!
We’d love to see your imagination at work, download our activities pages and:
- Submit a photo of the finished product online
- Tag us on social media: # SanBernardinoCounty | @CountywidePlan
OTHER FUN THINGS
We would love to hear what you have to say!
There are many ways to participate online:
SUBMIT YOUR FEEDBACK